For some student inventors at Texas Tech, being able to meet investors and a cash prize are some of the opportunities they can get from a campus innovation competition.

According to a Tech news release, the Tech Innovation Hub at Research Park announced 10 teams for this year’s iLaunch Competition.

The 10 finalists, according to the release, will pitch their invention ideas to an audience, who will vote on a winner at 4:30 p.m. on Thursday, April 4, in the Red Raider Ballroom in the Student Union Building. During this “Minute to Pitch It” event, a $1,000 People’s Choice Award will be given to the winner.

The finalists will also present their ideas to an investor panel from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Friday, April 5, at the Innovation Hub located at 3911 4th St., according to the news release. The first-place winner will receive $10,000, the second-place winner will receive $3,000 and the third-place winner will receive $1,000.

For those wanting to attend the event on April 5, the conference will be free and open to the public.