Texas Gov. Greg Abbott has appointed Ginger Kerrick, Mark Griffin and Dusty Womble to the Texas Tech University System Board of Regents.

Their appointments will expire on Jan. 31, 2025, according to the Office of the Texas Governor’s website.

“Congratulations to Ms. Kerrick, Mr. Griffin and Mr. Womble on their appointment to the board,” Chancellor Dr. Tedd L. Mitchell said, according to a System news release. “Regents invest their time and energy voluntarily for which we are all grateful. This is a transformative time for the Texas Tech System, and we are thankful to them for their service. I also want to express my personal appreciation to Regent Esparza, Regent Lancaster and Regent Francis, their tenure on the Texas Tech Board of Regents has made our system one of the finest in the nation. I consider them dear friends as well as great Texans.”

Kerrick, of Webster, has served in a variety of human space flight training and operations, including her current position as the Flight Integration Division Chief for the National Aeronautics and Space Administration, Johnson Space Center, according to the OTG website.

She is a Tech alumna who received a Bachelor of Science in physics and a Master of Science in physics. She is also a member of the Society of Women Engineers.

Griffin, of Lubbock, previously served on the Board of Regents from 2005-2009, according to a System news release. He serves as the general counsel of Rip Griffin Truck Service Center, Inc. and the president of Petroleum, Inc.. He is also a member of the Texas Economic Development Corporation Board of Directors, State Bar of Texas and the Lubbock County Bar Association, according to the website.

He received a Bachelor of Arts from the University of Texas in Austin and Juris Doctor degree from the Texas Tech School of Law, according to the website. He also served as a former board member of the Covenant Health System and the Texas Guaranteed Student Loan Corporation.

Womble, of Lubbock, is a board member and former executive vice president of Tyler Technologies and a member of the Rawls Business School Advisory Board and the Tech Foundation Board, according to the website. He is also the namesake of the new Dustin R. Womble Basketball Center that is under construction on the Tech campus in Lubbock.

He is a Tech alumnus who received a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration in management information systems. He also serves on the boards of TRUNO, Inc. and Lubbock Christian School, according to the website.

The three new appointees replace Tim Lancaster, John Esparza and Rick Francis, whose terms expired on Jan. 31. After Francis stepped down as chairman of the board in the fall, Lancaster took over his role.

Christopher Huckabee is the vice chairman of the Board of Regents.

Tech President Lawrence Schovanec thanked outgoing regents for their service and said he is looking forward to working with Kerrick, Griffin and Womble.

“Ms. Kerrick, Mr. Griffin and Mr. Womble have impressive records of service and commitment to the university, and I am pleased that they have been appointed as members of the Texas Tech Board of Regents. Each are proud graduates of Texas Tech with professional accomplishments that distinguish them as alumni,” Schovanec said in an email statement. “I want to thank former board members John Esparza, Rick Francis and Tim Lancaster for their dedication and leadership. Texas Tech University has benefited greatly from their service.”