The Texas Tech College of Education received a grant from the National Endowment for the Humanities to work with the Lubbock Independent School District to improve students’ college and career readiness.

The grant will fund a program to improve the human geography curriculum at Estacado High School, according to a Tech news release. The program will provide a four-week, project-based history lab as an alternative to the traditional social studies curriculum.

The grant is reflective of Tech’s recent designation as a Hispanic-Serving Institution, according to the news release. The Humanities Initiatives program under the National Endowment for the Humanities supports education programs at minority-serving institutions.

The partnership with Estacado High School is not the College of Education’s first collaboration with the Lubbock community, according to the news release. The college led a five-year project to improve education and opportunities in East Lubbock titled “East Lubbock Promise Neighborhood.”

edmundmoen

It will really be helpful for the school to rebuild the education structure because without money it can't be done. For now, everything is affected because of Covid-19 and I am also using the online sources for my college research work and today I am reading some EduBirdie reviews at essayreviewexpert.com. Our school is closed from march month and they are in very lost. Only government grants could be helpful for them and they can re-engage the education empowerment.