Jack Frost Stikes Again

This weather is set to continue throughout next week. The temperature is forecasted not get above freezing until next Thursday.

Here is a list of all the closures and cancellations in Lubbock due to freezing weather. It will be updated throughout the day.

Updated at 10:00 a.m. on Friday, Feb. 12

• The National Ranching Heritage Center will be closed Feb. 13 in anticipation of freezing weather and snow, according to an email from NRHC. Weather permitting, it will reopen Feb. 16.

Updated at 10:27 a.m. on Friday, Feb. 12

• On Feb. 12, The Buddy Holly Center is cancelling their extended open hours until 7 p.m. due to freezing weather, according to a release made by the City of Lubbock today. The Center will now close at 5 p.m. on Feb. 12, according to the news release.

Updated at 11:10 a.m. on Friday, Feb. 12

• The Lubbock County Courthouse will close at 3 p.m. today, according to a release from the Courthouse. The Courthouse also will be closed on Feb. 15 for President's Day. 

Updated at 2:26 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 12

• The Texas Tech Health Sciences Center will close at 3 p.m. today, according to an email from the HSC.

Updated at 5:01 p.m. on Sunday, Feb. 14

• Texas Tech will be closed on Feb. 15, according to a TechAlert sent out on Feb. 14. In-person classes will either be moved online or canceled and online classes will happen if possible. All Tech employees and administration will work remotely.

Updated at 5:01 p.m. on Sunday, Feb. 14

• The Texas Tech Health Sciences Center will be closed on Feb. 15, according to an email from the HSC. 

Updated at 6:47 p.m. on Sunday, Feb. 14

• According to an email from the City of Lubbock, the Combest Community Health and Wellness Center, Rodgers Park Gym and Texas Tech COVID-19 testing sites will be closed on Feb. 15

Updated at 12:22 p.m. on Monday, Feb. 15

• The City of Lubbock Libraries and Garden & Arts Center will close at noon today to conserve energy, according to a release made by the city today. Additionally, The city's Community and Senior Centers will close after Senior Meal service and the Burgess-Rushing Tennis Center Center and Safety City will close at 1 p.m.

Updated at 2:41 p.m. on Monday, Feb. 15

• Texas Tech campus will be closed Tues, Feb. 16 due to winter weather conditions, according to a TechAlert sent out this afternoon. In-person classes will either be online or canceled. Online classes will happen if possible. All Tech employees will work remotely.

Updated at 5:47 p.m. on Monday, Feb. 15 

• The Combest Community Health & Wellness Center, Rodgers Park Gym and Texas Tech will remain closed through Feb. 16, according to an email from the City of Lubbock.

Updated at 7:47 a.m. Tuesday, Feb. 16

• The Buddy Holly Center, Garden & Arts Center, Silent Wings Museum and all Lubbock library Branches will be closed by the City of Lubbock today, according to a release made by the city. this is due to statewide electricity concerns caused by extreme weather.

Updated at 12:34 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 16

• The City of Lubbock has released a notice that the Vital Statistics Office will close at 2 p.m. Feb. 16. All applications for documents from citizens can be summited via mail, emailed to ocs@mylubbock.us or faxed to (806) 775-2957.

Updated at 7:27 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 16

• The Buddy Holly Center, Garden & Arts Center, Silent Wings museum and all Lubbock Library branches will be closed Feb. 17 to conserve energy, according to a release made by the City of Lubbock today.
  • COVID-19 testing sites located  at Combest Community Health & Wellness Center, Rodgers Park Gym and Texas tech will be closed Feb. 17 and the testing site at Lubbock Christian University will operate from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m., according to a release made by the City of Lubbock today.

Updated at 9:42 a.m. Thursday, Feb. 18

• Silent Wings Museum, Garden & Arts Center, Buddy Holly Center and all Lubbock Library branches will be closed Feb. 18 due to electricity concerns brought on by extreme weather, according to a release made by the City of Lubbock today. Community Centers will close after lunch and Hodges Community Center will open for the United Supermarkets vaccine clinic.

Updated at 9:30 a.m. Friday, Feb. 19

• The Garden & Arts Center, Silent Wings Museum, Buddy Holly Center and all Lubbock Library Branches will be closed today to conserve energy, according to a release made by the City of Lubbock today. These facilities plan to reopen Feb. 20. Community Centers will provide Senior Meals today, but will close after lunch.