The number of active COVID-19 cases in Lubbock County is at 5,571 after 249 new cases were confirmed as of 4 p.m. Saturday.

The total COVID-19 case count in Lubbock County reached 28,375, according to a City of Lubbock news release.

The total number of virus recoveries in the county reached 22,505 after 194 new recoveries were reported, according to the news release. With three additional COVID-19-related deaths being confirmed, the total death count in the county reached 299.

The COVID-19 hospitalization rate in Trauma Service Area B is 27.69 percent as of Saturday, according to the Texas Department of State Health Services COVID-19 dashboard.

Regarding Texas Governor Greg Abbott's Executive Order 31 and 32, TSA B will face restrictions to business capacity until the area has seen seven consecutive days where the COVID-19 hospitalization rate remains at or is below 15 percent, according to the news release.

There are a combined 18 open hospital beds and 12 patients holding for beds at University Medical Center and Covenant Health System as of 4 p.m., according to the news release. These numbers reflect staffed beds open to receive patients and differs from the available bed count shown on the DSHS and the City of Lubbock dashboards

Since 4 p.m., eight cases were reported as duplicates or belong to other jurisdictions, according to the news release. These numbers are adjusted to reflect the removal of these cases.

More information on local COVID-19 cases can found on the City of Lubbock dashboard.