Police Blotter: Tech PD officer arrests student for public intoxication - The Daily Toreador: News

Police Blotter: Tech PD officer arrests student for public intoxication

Posted: Thursday, January 24, 2013 10:54 pm

Tuesday

12:00 p.m. — A Texas Tech officer documented a medical emergency, which occurred in the Media and Communication Building. A student fainted during class. The student was transported to University Medical Center Emergency Room by Emergency Medical Services.

12:47 p.m. — A Tech officer investigated a traffic accident, without injuries, which occurred in the C11 parking lot. An unattended vehicle was stricken by another vehicle.

3:01 p.m. — A Tech officer detained a student following a request from the Robert H. Ewalt Student Recreation Center that the student be escorted from the facility after being involved in a prior assault. The student was issued a criminal trespassing violation and was released.  

7:22 p.m. — A Tech officer documented a medical emergency, which occurred in Bledsoe Residence Hall. A student, who was diabetic, had a low blood sugar level. The student was transported to University Medical Center Emergency Room by Emergency Medical Services.

8:21 p.m. — A Tech officer arrested a non-student for a TCIC warrant from Lubbock County Sheriff Department for theft following a traffic stop in the 300 block of Flint Ave. The non-student was transported to the Lubbock County Jail. The vehicle was released to a responsible person.  

Wednesday

1:12 a.m. — A Tech officer arrested a student for public intoxication, following a welfare check in the Z2D parking lot. The female student was transported to the Lubbock County Jail.

4:33 p.m. — A Tech officer arrested a non-student for driving with an invalid license, following a traffic violation in the 900 block of Flint Avenue. The non-student was transported to the Lubbock County Jail. The vehicle was left legally parked.

8:13 p.m. — A Tech officer investigated a traffic accident, without injuries, which occurred in the C11 parking lot.  

10:57 p.m. — A Tech officer responded to University Housing Services in reference to a medical emergency. A staff member was complaining of stomach pains and was transported to University Medical Center Emergency Room by Emergency Medical Services.

Thursday

1:38 a.m. — A Tech officer arrested a non-student for public intoxication, following a welfare check on the subject in the 2600 block of 15th St. The non-student was transported to the Lubbock County Jail.

Raiders' Choice Awards 2015
ULofts Apartments
DT's 2015 Spring Housing Guide
Corporate Promotional Gifts