Construction to begin on new on-campus residence hall in March - The Daily Toreador: News

Construction to begin on new on-campus residence hall in March

Posted: Tuesday, January 15, 2013 10:43 pm

Work is under way to construct a new 500-bed residence hall by August 2014.

The Board of Regents approved the $50 million project at its meeting Dec. 14.

Michael Molina, vice chancellor for Facilities Planning and Construction, said Texas Tech is in the programming phase, which is when his office receives applications for possible construction partners.

Molina said he believes a partner will be chosen by mid-February and once the decision has been made, work will begin on design and infrastructure.

The new residence hall will be located east of Knoxville Avenue in the triangle bound by 19th Street and Texas Tech Parkway, he said.

The hall, Board of Regents Chairman Jerry Turner said, is essential for Tech’s growth.

“With the growth that we’re having, with the emphasis on increasing our graduate students, I think that this residence hall concept is a terrific idea,” Turner said at the meeting. “It’s a terrific opportunity for the university and a great need for the university.”

When completed, Molina said the hall will be approximately 160,000 to 170,000 square feet and will be in a village-style complex. The building will be in the Spanish Renaissance style of Tech.

The village, he said, will be in a modular style with 10 to 12 buildings with approximately 40 to 50 beds in each and will be pedestrian-centric, with no through traffic or parking in the complex.

The buildings composing the village, Molina said, will consist of various heights and designs.

Because the target demographic for the complex is graduate, law, medical and upperclassmen, the hall will feature efficiencies, studio suites and conventional apartments, he said.

However, the residence hall will not be closed to underclassmen, Molina said.

Chancellor Kent Hance said the need for the hall is immediate, although it will not be completed until July 2014 with “heads in beds” by August 2014.

“We’ve got to continue to provide more on-campus housing,” he said at the Board of Regents meeting. “(Students will) see — it’s going to be state of the art. It’s going to have good parking and also, it’s going to be close enough to the bus routes that you’d be able to get anywhere on campus real quick.”

The project will consist of three phases, with the first totaling $50 million and creating the residence hall, Molina said.

Phase 2 would create a 15,000-square foot mixed-use retail/entertainment district while Phase 3 would add 500 beds.

The mixed-use retail/entertainment district would establish a variety of eateries in the complex.

The second and third phases, Molina said, are interchangeable and will depend upon what is needed.

There are 370 parking spaces available in the area of the future complex, which Molina said is adequate for a 500-bed residence hall.

Interim President Lawrence Schovanec said there is a demand on campus for more housing than Tech is able to provide.

One of the motivations for the complex, Schovanec said, arose from data that showed students who live on campus perform better academically and are more likely to graduate.

“It’s a new concept in residential living with greater flexibility,” he said. “I think it will appeal to a broader spectrum of students. We think this will contribute to success in a very broad way.”

Chinello Nwanko, a sophomore media and communication major from Houston, said she was unaware of the new residence hall, but would be interested in living there once it is built.

Nwanko said the hall appeals to her because being 25 years old, she is a non-traditional student.

Because of the hall, Nwanko said she would like to complete her graduate studies at Tech.

“I think it’s a good idea,” she said. “For a graduate student, it would be more easier for them to concentrate and navigate the whole school.”

79 comments:

• clarke posted at 3:10 am on Thu, Dec 11, 2014.

clarke Posts: 83

Now a larger number of students could join the place thanks to the new residence hall which would most probably be available for them before the beginning of next academic session. For any kind of construction project, you need to appoint the most reputed construction company. For example, if you are planning on building your home in Dallas then you should appoint only the best custom home builder in Dallas TX.

• morris posted at 1:39 am on Thu, Dec 11, 2014.

morris Posts: 73

Turner is absolutely right, the completion of this project would enable them to expand the number of students here. They should now concentrate on completing the first phase of the project immediately. If they find any problem areas then they could rectify that through a remodeling process. These days accessing affordable remodeling service providers has become a hassle free process, for instance, if you need a residential remodeling VA company, you can access it online.

• patinson posted at 3:41 am on Tue, Dec 9, 2014.

patinson Posts: 87

Since this residence hall is going to be huge, it would be better if they make it spacious enough so that the students do not feel suffocated here. If they were having accommodation problem then they should have hired some well known company that offers Home Remodeling in Minneapolis-St. Paul and in other regions for room additions.

• Mechelle Mcgowan posted at 10:43 am on Fri, Nov 28, 2014.

Mechelle Mcgowan Posts: 1

It doesn't matter what season it is when you're a student living in a brand new campus because there are many ways in which you can bring winter or summer closer to you. Usually a swimming pool will do the trick and an inside one will be more useful than a yard one. The officials probably checked out www.alderetepools.com if they planned to build one for the students, how cool would that be?

• morris posted at 3:54 am on Thu, Nov 27, 2014.

morris Posts: 73

They have taken the right decision by deciding to build this big residence hall here. It would help them solve the accommodation problem, now more number of students could join this institute. They should make this place comfortable and beautiful by installing good window blinds and coverings. These items are available online. For instance, if you need window blinds in Williamsburg, you can find that online.

• patinson posted at 3:23 am on Thu, Nov 27, 2014.

patinson Posts: 87

Such big residence hall would certainly solve the accommodation issue for the students. After the construction becomes complete, they should consider decking up the rooms beautifully. They could find affordable and beautiful bedding supplies like Seersucker Bedding, Duvet Covers, Pillows online at http://www.danieldrygoods.com/bedding/seersucker-bedding-duvet-covers-and-pillows.

• crazysony posted at 12:28 pm on Wed, Nov 19, 2014.

crazysony Posts: 22

Students are proud of the new residence hall as it looks amazing and the rooms are big and have nice decorations. Moreover there are some great cooling and heating systems installed by an Eastern Tech team that are very useful.

• daniell17 posted at 5:28 am on Wed, Nov 19, 2014.

daniell17 Posts: 24

Students must feel safe on campus and for that the University must find a way to protect the students and the teachers, as well. Therefore, a good idea is to build a fence and to install a few surveillance cameras all around the campus. The fencing contractors in Dallas will create you a custom iron fence in a short period of time. Also, the cameras must be high tech in order to capture something on the tape.

• patinson posted at 4:44 am on Wed, Nov 19, 2014.

patinson Posts: 87

If it is going to be a 500 bed residence hall then the authorities do not have to worry about accommodation issue here. They could accommodate larger number of students without any hassle. But they should also install security systems like turnstiles here to ensure security, they could find best selection of security turnstiles online.

• crazysony posted at 11:47 am on Tue, Nov 18, 2014.

crazysony Posts: 22

When it comes to working on such a construction project, you have to use quality materials and systems in order to create not only a reliable building but also to assure some great living conditions. There are some great systems like the DC Solid State Relay that provide a wide Range of DC Switching Voltages.

• morris posted at 4:36 am on Mon, Nov 17, 2014.

morris Posts: 73

They need to create the most comfortable environment here for the students so that they can feel relaxed and enjoy their stay here. They should hire the best HVAC contractor to create a cozy atmosphere in the residence hall. Now most HVAC contractors are accessible online. If you are an Alamo resident looking for a HVAC company that provides AC installation in Alamo, just go online and you can find it in a jiffy.

• blindmelon posted at 9:24 am on Thu, Nov 13, 2014.

blindmelon Posts: 7

This new campus will look really amazing and this is the perfect example for the fact that light can change everything in a room. If you are having a space that you want to transform you could get a replacement window installation company in order to achieve the best results. You won't be disappointed.

• iuliancezar posted at 7:59 am on Fri, Nov 7, 2014.

iuliancezar Posts: 5

There are many building in each city that ca be repaired in order to for the city hall to develop new activities for its citizens. If you have a building like this you can hire a patio contractor in MD to work at the weak points. You can do many things with a small amount of money as long as you have a really good plan.

• iuliancezar posted at 12:58 am on Sun, Nov 2, 2014.

iuliancezar Posts: 5

The amount of time dedicated for building this hall residence is almost perfect but they have to be careful at the materials they use in the winters. The piping and the roof usually takes more time and you need to be really careful. There is a roofing contractor in Valley Center that does an amazing job and he cares about the safety and time of the client.

• iuliancezar posted at 1:45 pm on Fri, Oct 31, 2014.

iuliancezar Posts: 5

This construction will be quite amazing and you can check http://americansteeplejacks.com if you are looking for a real estate suitable for you or your business. There are many options on the market nowadays and it is very easy to find something that can be considered a good choice.

• morris posted at 4:30 am on Fri, Oct 31, 2014.

morris Posts: 73

Big construction projects like this could be messy, so the authorities have to appoint a good cleaning service provider after the project gets finished to clean up the mess. They also need to pay attention to crucial areas like sewerage, they should buy top quality items like dewatering pumps to obtain best results.

• crazysony posted at 12:40 pm on Thu, Oct 30, 2014.

crazysony Posts: 22

The new construction looks very well and students are very satisfied of their new accommodation places. They've created new rooms for the students and the interior design is awesome. Students like a lot their new rooms decorated in a modern style with nice furniture, comfortable beds and LED lights from http://www.lighthousesupply.com/light-bulbs/.

• morris posted at 6:19 am on Thu, Oct 30, 2014.

morris Posts: 73

They have embarked on a big project which would take a long time to be completed. Such construction projects could be very tiring and messy too. Before beginning a new construction project it is wise to hire a service provider who offers new facility construction, non-destructive testing services.

• clarke posted at 4:01 am on Thu, Oct 30, 2014.

clarke Posts: 83

The new 500-bed residence hall is certainly going to solve the accommodation issue here. Since so many students are going to reside here, the authorities need to appoint a good HVAC service provider like Wade Heating and Cooling to make this place comfortable for all.

• crazysony posted at 2:15 pm on Tue, Oct 28, 2014.

crazysony Posts: 22

This project cost a lot of money but the results are great! The new building has a great architecture and they've also used some energy efficient systems like the solar panels from commercial solar power in Daytona Beach that are not only energy efficient but also affordable.

• crazysony posted at 3:51 pm on Mon, Oct 27, 2014.

crazysony Posts: 22

This new construction is amazing and this is not only because of its great architecture but also to the nice and elegant interior design. The construction team did a great job as well as the interior designers and the interior painting in San Diego company that they've hired in order to create some nice effects on the walls.

• daniell17 posted at 5:39 am on Mon, Oct 27, 2014.

daniell17 Posts: 24

You will definitely need a few front load dumpsters for this construction. It is a big project that will take time to fulfill, at least a year, and having this dumpsters will help the constructor to work clean and to work fast.

• iuliancezar posted at 12:38 pm on Thu, Oct 23, 2014.

iuliancezar Posts: 5

You should Visit http://middletownairconditioning.com/ if you want to learn more about how to improve a building's resistance. It is important nowadays to invest in the future even if we are talking about the future of a building.

• patinson posted at 12:16 am on Mon, Oct 20, 2014.

patinson Posts: 87

Such a massive construction project would definitely take a long time to finish, this new residence hall is certainly going to solve the accommodation problem of the students. However, once the construction work is completed they need to hire a good cleaning services provider to clean out the construction mess. These days one could find all sorts of cleaning solutions online, for instance, if you need information on cleaning grout, you could find that online too.

• clarke posted at 5:03 am on Fri, Oct 17, 2014.

clarke Posts: 83

Since this residence hall is going to accommodate a large number of students, the authorities have to make sure that the place is comfortable for all. They need to hire a reputed service provider like Eastern Tech for taking care of the HVAC issues, unless the place is comfortable enough the students will find it hard to live there.

• crazysony posted at 2:23 pm on Wed, Oct 8, 2014.

crazysony Posts: 22

This construction aims to create more living facilities for students which is a great idea. They've started this project a few months ago and at the begining there were just some concrete mesh supports and everything seemed to go very slow and the construction process was supposed to last very long. However, despite the expectations, the construction was done in a very short time and it is already ready to use. People are very satisfied of the results as the new building looks amazing.

• gorila posted at 2:58 am on Tue, Oct 7, 2014.

gorila Posts: 17

It would be a good idea to resort to Naples construction team for the interior design. They are well known for their fine work and the attention to the smallest detail throughout the entire construction process.

• clarke posted at 5:40 am on Mon, Oct 6, 2014.

clarke Posts: 83

Since they are planning on building a village-style complex, they need to use materials that would help them create a rural look. For flooring they should choose hardwood and they would need to install Mataverde Decking too. The complex is going to help them offer accommodation to a large number of students.

• morris posted at 12:46 am on Mon, Oct 6, 2014.

morris Posts: 73

The residence hall is definitely going to solve the accommodation issue there and no doubt the students would love its unique design. Since it is going to be a village-style complex, they should be careful while selecting flooring and roofing material, they should choose items which would help them maintain uniformity of look. It would be better if they choose hardwood flooring for this purpose.

• crazysony posted at 10:33 am on Tue, Sep 30, 2014.

crazysony Posts: 22

This construction would not only provide more accommodation sites but also new classrooms for the students. The project is great and the construction is ready. They still have to focus on some interior design details but the students are very satisfied of the new construction. The rooms are big and decorated in a nice style with comfortable beds, modern furniture and some amazing glass tables sustained on decorative casters like those from http://www.accesscasters.com/.

• Jakefree posted at 11:11 am on Fri, Sep 26, 2014.

Jakefree Posts: 9

When choosing your materials and suppliers for the construction of your house, you should always contact some friends to ask them to give you some recommendations. As seen on somervillealuminum.com materials usage vary in accordance to the climatic conditions.

• crazysony posted at 11:45 am on Tue, Sep 23, 2014.

crazysony Posts: 22

This construction project is great! Besides providing more on-campus housing and facilities they've also created a great outdoor design. In the backyard they've put some vinyl patio covers that look awesome and also designed some nice gardens with beautiful flowers.

• gorila posted at 3:15 am on Mon, Sep 22, 2014.

gorila Posts: 17

The first step in building a new facility is to find the right location, the land and to buy it at a decent price. Anyone interested in having a new house or buying a land, he can find Kansas City commercial real estate with huntmidwest.com. At this real estate agency he will always find great offers in different regions of the country.

• crazysony posted at 12:03 am on Mon, Sep 22, 2014.

crazysony Posts: 22

This is a great article where people can find useful information about constructions. Many people who want to start a new building need to know that they can find great information and tips visiting http://actionairplumbing.com/.

• Jakefree posted at 2:31 pm on Sat, Sep 20, 2014.

Jakefree Posts: 9

Campus renovation is really a big issue all around the world. Funds never seem to be enough. But what if, as seen on https://www.ccbg.com/ all the students got small loans and searched for antique shops and outlets and redecorate themselves, leaving a better place behind them.

• Jakefree posted at 2:22 pm on Sat, Sep 20, 2014.

Jakefree Posts: 9

Whenever these types of construction begin, maybe some fund raising campaign could start for storm damage restoration in Idaho with all the weather's bad moods. Many areas affected by hurricanes and tornadoes don't ask for help, but it is quite important to show community spirit and unite.

• Jakefree posted at 12:53 pm on Sat, Sep 20, 2014.

Jakefree Posts: 9

Spring time is a the greatest moment you can redesign your house. New beginnings, and many custom furniture makers come up with new collections and will have many discounts for the old one.

• Jakefree posted at 12:03 pm on Sat, Sep 20, 2014.

Jakefree Posts: 9

On such occasions, many companies like Moduform or RomStall offer a lot of discounts, package deals, coupons for their products. Whenever you decide to work on your own house, you can definitely check some of these construction sites out.

• crazysony posted at 4:58 am on Fri, Sep 19, 2014.

crazysony Posts: 22

This is a great article where people can find useful information about constructions and renovating. A great tool for the renovating plan is the US Diamond . You can cut everything you want with it . It is very useful .

• crazysony posted at 10:26 am on Thu, Sep 18, 2014.

crazysony Posts: 22

When begining such a construction you have to assure that you have the best team and also quality tools such as those provided by the US Diamond company. It is a complex project but the result has to be great as the architects worked a lot on the renovation plan.

• Jakefree posted at 7:37 am on Wed, Sep 17, 2014.

Jakefree Posts: 9

Many of the valuable things that you carry from on place to another, while moving, can get seriously damaged. It is best if you contract a firm, such as http://www.storcal.com/ to safely deposit and storage your objects.

• Jakefree posted at 7:20 am on Wed, Sep 17, 2014.

Jakefree Posts: 9

Some engineers get their diploma at Interim CFO and they have a high credential ranking among people of all demographics. Because they have such intellectuals teaching the actual classes, their service is very well viewed.

• Jakefree posted at 7:08 am on Wed, Sep 17, 2014.

Jakefree Posts: 9

As this is always a construction site they should have an auction and get some real estate firm, such as Annapolis real estate to team-up with. This is a great idea for both business to grow. As soon as the building is done, clients can already move in.

• Jakefree posted at 6:37 am on Wed, Sep 17, 2014.

Jakefree Posts: 9

As this new project starts, maybe city hall can get some outdoor furniture fabrics for the neighbors and locals to cover their cars or their shops or cover their windows.

• crazysony posted at 12:19 pm on Mon, Sep 8, 2014.

crazysony Posts: 22

People can't wait to see the new residence hall as the project looks amazing. It has a nice architecture and the rooms are big and have a nice interior design. Moreover they've installed some advanced technology cooling and heating systems like those from http://www.hvacpartsshop.com and put an awesome laminate flooring.

• crazysony posted at 12:33 pm on Thu, Sep 4, 2014.

crazysony Posts: 22

When begining such a construction it is essential to focus on hiring the best home contractors and using quality materials in order to obtain a solid building. This construction will look awesome and students will like it a lot as the project is great.

• crazysony posted at 10:54 am on Wed, Sep 3, 2014.

crazysony Posts: 22

A construction project always takes time especially if you want to get the best results. It is not only the construction itself that lasts so much but also the waste removal. Luckily there are companies such as http://starlitewaste.com/ specialized in removing garbage and by hiring such a company you can easily get rid of the garbage that remains after construction.

• duyentran posted at 2:24 pm on Tue, Sep 2, 2014.

duyentran Posts: 6

Reason I had to get rid of it, was because of a free template that also has a "powered by" footer hardcoded in to the php, and can't be removed. I love TKL, recommend it to all the techies voyant

• duyentran posted at 2:19 pm on Tue, Sep 2, 2014.

duyentran Posts: 6

We’ve got to continue to provide more on-campus housing,” he said at the Board of Regents meeting. “(Students will) see — it’s going to be state of the art. It’s going to have good parking and also, it’s going to be close enough to the bus routes that you’d be able to get anywhere on campus real quick.”voyant

• crazysony posted at 11:44 am on Mon, Sep 1, 2014.

crazysony Posts: 22

When starting such a project, the constructor should think in all the necessary tools as well as on purchasing some of those useful workbenches from http://www.elitetoolboxes.com/. After having all the materials, tools and equipment the construction team may start to build the new residence. This residence will look great as the project is awesome and it will have a nice architecture.

• blindmelon posted at 3:32 pm on Sat, Aug 30, 2014.

blindmelon Posts: 7

Most people hire a professional to paint their houses. Visit http://www.americanpaintinganddesign.com for much advice and many ideas. You can choose a generic, neutral color and then use bold, strong accents to add personality.

• clarke posted at 5:42 am on Sat, Aug 30, 2014.

clarke Posts: 83

The new residence hall is going to be really huge because it is going to accommodate five hundred students. This would definitely solve the problem of students, but the authorities also need to concentrate other areas like water supply. They should consider opting for water well installation, it would be better if they appoint the reputed Ballard Water Well Company for the job, this company is available online at Ballardwaterwell.net.

• blindmelon posted at 4:07 pm on Mon, Aug 25, 2014.

blindmelon Posts: 7

Taking care of the floor at your place or in the work office is very important. You can take all of the furniture and personal belongings into storage, as seen on bigboystoysstorage.com and do a full spring cleaning. It will also improve your efficiency, your productivity.

• patinson posted at 3:18 am on Mon, Aug 25, 2014.

patinson Posts: 87

It is interesting to learn that the new residence hall is going to be a village-style complex, it would most definitely appeal to the students. But before beginning such construction the architects should study an example of such construction thoroughly so that they could grab the concept better.

• blindmelon posted at 12:23 pm on Fri, Aug 22, 2014.

blindmelon Posts: 7

having your house under construction and renovating it can prove to be a really stressful process. But you can focus on the details and always keep in mind the image of the finished work, and try and enjoy the process of designing as seen on http://www.archdesignwd.com/ and pick out small things, like the theme and color pallet and what accessories will go where. This will help.

• blindmelon posted at 4:18 am on Thu, Aug 21, 2014.

blindmelon Posts: 7

One major factor to take into account is the storage areas you need, when you take everything out of the house. Big Boys Toys Storage offer a wide variety of services on their site and great customer support. Some companies even offer to include transportation into the package deal you're making.

• Frankie89 posted at 4:14 am on Thu, Aug 21, 2014.

Frankie89 Posts: 7

There are a lot of factors to take into consideration when you start a major renovation, like this. Some might find that the heating and cooling systems are the most challenging to install, but as seen on www.accutempair.com there are a lot of tips and tricks on how to save some money and do the little things yourself, like looking for parts and so on , if you are on a budget.

• blindmelon posted at 4:13 am on Wed, Aug 20, 2014.

blindmelon Posts: 7

As several projects unfold, some of the apartments that are a part of NNN commercial real estate for sale have a strong marketing campaign and unique sales propositions. This not only helps the business and the numbers of the company but also the potential buyers and the seller.

• Frankie89 posted at 3:13 am on Wed, Aug 20, 2014.

Frankie89 Posts: 7

Installing easy-to-access communication system is vitally important in this era. Having the adequate transcription equipment installed in the new houses, by adding them as a bonus and not charge the clients for them could bring major ranking points to the construction team.

• Frankie89 posted at 6:00 am on Tue, Aug 19, 2014.

Frankie89 Posts: 7

Also, many people want to do the renovation themselves and so, NASCLA offers a course on basic improvements and what are the main objectives for your plans. Also, getting through with the details like tiling and colors and combinations of textures can also be found online.

• Frankie89 posted at 5:56 am on Tue, Aug 19, 2014.

Frankie89 Posts: 7

Another major drawback when trying to renovate an old house is the fact that old furniture may crack. If you are on a budget, try to refurbish step by step, like buying firstly the stands, as seen on http://www.standsandmounts.com/ and then the cupboards, and so on. or you can try a local vintage or second hand furniture shop.

• Frankie89 posted at 5:01 am on Tue, Aug 19, 2014.

Frankie89 Posts: 7

When renovating your house, one of the easiest solutions to save some money is to order towel radiators and not only is it cheaper than a drier, but it also saves energy and time. Not to mention that there are a lot less risks when leaving your house for long periods of time.

• Frankie89 posted at 5:13 am on Thu, Aug 14, 2014.

Frankie89 Posts: 7

It does take some time to maintain and improve a house, but focus on the fun part. Many people enjoy the gardening process. Lawn care is kind of a drudge, but make it more satisfying to live in, like adding some plants, as seen on http://store.isons.com/berry-plants, and so, you also increase the value of the property. Those are good activities to get away from your normal daily worries.

• Frankie89 posted at 5:05 am on Thu, Aug 14, 2014.

Frankie89 Posts: 7

Many people are starting to re-do their houses now and can anyone tell me what team are these guys using for the roof tops? There are many suggestions, like seen on http://www.hmpattensmetalexpress.com, that are open to debate. Is the metal a better choice than tiles?

• JanisJ posted at 4:54 am on Thu, Aug 14, 2014.

JanisJ Posts: 2

Also, many marketing campaigns have improved greatly in the real estate industry. For instance, they installed a unique sales proposition of tidying up and cleaning the house for you, before moving in. Having deals with firms like Westerkamp's Dry Carpet Cleaning, or companies that clean windows, etc, can be a great merger for every party involved, both the firms and the clients.

• JanisJ posted at 4:38 am on Thu, Aug 14, 2014.

JanisJ Posts: 2

The real estate market is starting to regain its momentum, the one before the global economic crisis. Real estate and house renovation have become a trend nowadays. Some, like this firm from http://www.brokenbowlakecabins.com/cabins.htm, have taken this even further, and are now investing in vacation resorts in remote places.

• blindmelon posted at 7:50 am on Tue, Aug 5, 2014.

blindmelon Posts: 7

Working with decorative tiles is a challenge, especially for a single mom, because when it comes to handy-work, you just need a little help every now and then. Finding great package deals for house appliances on http://beloman.com/servicesPlumb.html makes redecorating your home easier.

• clarke posted at 3:38 am on Fri, Aug 1, 2014.

clarke Posts: 83

This newly constructed resident hall would solve the student accommodation problem since it is quite big enough. Students would definitely appreciate the unique construction style of this hall. These days good quality construction materials could be ordered online, if they visit http://www.allamericanmetals.com they would find the materials they need at the right price.

• morris posted at 6:14 am on Sat, Jun 28, 2014.

morris Posts: 73

Hopefully the residence hall would be finished on time, this is a massive project and it would most definitely solve the accommodation issue. However, if they do not face any storms or rain they will not have to face any problem during construction. Storms not only disrupt our work but also destroy our valuable belongings. To keep my cars protected from storm I have opted for steel garage offered by New Deal Metal Buildings.

• patinson posted at 7:13 am on Fri, Jun 27, 2014.

patinson Posts: 87

While constructing this place they will have to make sure that the buildings are convenient enough for the students. We have a very spacious dormitory here, it has all the modern facilities. We often change rooms, which is why we have to move computers, desks, study tables frequently. To make the process easier we have installed caster wheels to these items and now we can move them without any hassle. We have bought these caster wheels online from http://www.accesscasters.com/.

• clarke posted at 7:16 am on Sat, Jun 21, 2014.

clarke Posts: 83

This residence hall is going to be a big project, they need to make this place comfortable for the students. Since this is going to be a spacious place, they should consider installing skylights to solve energy issue. They could find VELUX skylights online at http://www.skylightdeals.com/velux.aspx at an affordable price.

• marvinvinn posted at 4:02 am on Thu, Jun 19, 2014.

marvinvinn Posts: 51

Last month I encountered some similar problems when I renovated my house. I changed almost everything from doors and windows to bedroom and kitchen furniture. The only room that wasn't renovated was my son's room. But this week I am going to shop for youth bedroom furniture at Crate.ca and make his room as new.

• morris posted at 6:11 am on Thu, Jun 12, 2014.

morris Posts: 73

Such a massive construction project would no doubt take a long time to finish. This big residence hall is going to be the home of a large number of students, so the authorities need to make sure that the place gets uninterrupted energy supply. Now it is best to opt for alternative energy sources, just install solar panels and get ready to enjoy clean energy. For our company we resorted to the best Las Vegas solar panels system provider.

• clarke posted at 4:50 am on Sat, Mar 22, 2014.

clarke Posts: 83

The new residence hall is going to accommodate a large number of students, the hall is also going to have an unique look. I am sure the students will appreciate this offbeat design, the authorities should consider installing proper security system to keep the students safe. They could find high-end security solutions at SlidingPatioDoorLock.com.

• morris posted at 3:48 am on Mon, Feb 10, 2014.

morris Posts: 73

The authorities should build more on-campus housing facilities for the students. I own a construction company and we mostly build houses. Due to the recent economic turmoil I have been taking many cost saving measures now, I buy my metal supplies from online stores like AllMetalsInc.com, it helps me save money as well as time.

• patinson posted at 6:43 am on Thu, Jan 9, 2014.

patinson Posts: 87

By extending this facility they would be able to accommodate more students here. They have envisioned a wonderful concept for the new residence hall, they have many intriguing ideas to try here, I am sure the students are going to love their new place.

• marvinvinn posted at 6:28 am on Sun, Jan 5, 2014.

marvinvinn Posts: 51

For this big renovation I advise you to use the roll off containers. They are great, they are very useful for moving, for storage, for storing everything you need and so on. Just try them!

• morris posted at 5:50 am on Tue, Dec 31, 2013.

morris Posts: 73

This is most definitely going to be a big project for them, however, they also need to install the right features to make it more convenient, they should opt for elevated pedestal system, they will find all the information they need on it at http://elevateddecksystems.com/.

• patinson posted at 1:12 am on Thu, Dec 26, 2013.

patinson Posts: 87

This new addition would definitely be a big advantage for the students. After few years it becomes necessary to renovate a building, I recently decided to remodel my kitchen and bathroom, I hired Somerville Aluminum, Inc. and they have done a splendid job for my house.

ULofts Apartments
DT's 2015 Spring Housing Guide
Corporate Promotional Gifts