Lubbock Lights 2017

Joe Ely, Lloyd Maines and Sonny Curtis played various songs together during the Lubbock Lights concert in the Student Union Building Allen Theatre on Thursday, April 27, 2017. Andy Wilkinson helped host the event as well.

Texas Tech will host Lubbock Lights at 8 p.m. on Thursday, April 25, in the Allen Theatre of the Student Union Building. 

The evening will celebrate the musical heritage of the South Plains with performances by Bob Livingston, Lloyd Maines and Gary P. Nunn, according to a Tech press release. The event will also feature discussions that shed light on the creative processes and inspiration behind each artist's work. 

"These West Texas musicians have been influential in defining a genre of country music," Tech President Lawrence Schovanec said in the release. "Through their many years of performances and success, they have been ambassadors not only for music in Texas, but for the state itself. We are excited to have them perform and tell stories at our annual Lubbock Lights."

The event is sponsored by the Office of the President. Admission is free for students with a valid Tech ID, and general admission tickets are available for $23. 

More information and tickets are available online at http://www.ttu.edu/administration/president/.