During game days in football season, the Texas Tech campus is alive and buzzing with spirit as everyone heads to Jones AT&T Stadium to enjoy the game featuring the Red Raiders.

After the game is over, however, many of the fans leave trash behind in the stadium and do not give a second thought to what will become of it.

Cleaning up the stadium is a daunting task, but the Texas Tech Clean Up the Environment Club is up for the task.

“(CUTE) is mainly about cleaning up the environment and taking care of all the trash left around on football game days or the day after,” G’Derrick Tabe, a junior industrial engineering major from Fort Worth and committee member, said.

CUTE tries to have a campus cleanup event at least once a month to keep the Tech campus looking beautiful, Tabe said.

“You get to see how much trash is left around campus,” Tabe said. “As a student you don’t really see, but actually having to pick up the trash you see how much work it is.”

Other than campus cleanups, CUTE also works to teach fellow students about sustainability with fun events.

“Sustainability Night was probably my favorite CUTE Club event because we’ve never done anything like that before,” Alyssa Glover, a sophomore multidisciplinary studies major from Katy and chair of CUTE Club, said.

As a part of sustainability month, CUTE Club teamed up with Housing Sustainability to have a screening of “The Lorax,” a stadium cleanup and Sustainability Night.

“We had sustainability jeopardy, we let students pot their own plants and we had a laptop set up for students to calculate their carbon footprint,” Glover said, “which is really shocking if you have never done it before.”

Another big event the CUTE Club is part of is RecycleMania, a nationwide recycling competition where Tech competes against 300 other universities to recycle the most items every year.

“In high school I was a part of a green club, and during that time we did a lot of events, for example, RecycleMania,” Destiny Arthur, a freshman psychology major from Brooklyn, New York, and intern for the CUTE Club, said. “When I came here and saw that Student Housing had CUTE Club, I thought it would be something interesting to be a part of.”

Arthur said the CUTE Club is also a great way to meet new people and be involved in the Tech community in a different way.

“It (CUTE) helped me, personally, to get out of my comfort zone,” Arthur said. “Usually I am not used to running meetings and that helped me to develop leadership skills.”

CUTE Club’s overall goal is to promote sustainability on campus and to preserve the environment of Tech.

“Holding yourself accountable is important,” Glover said. “You want to make sure that we have this planet for as long as we can.”

There will be one last cleanup with the CUTE Club at 3 p.m. Friday, which is Earth Day, at the Carpenter/Wells clock tower for students to participate in.

“Join (CUTE),” Glover said, “because it’s a great way to take your part in cleaning up our environment.”

Skye Wilton

It’s all about that how to clean up an environment. For this purpose, community of students took a responsibility during football games. They acted as active citizen and step forward so that environment should not be polluted. The
essay service, are to motivate other people to perform such acts and we are appraising these students. Weldone!

daniell17

The entire community should be involved in cleaning our local environment and maybe doing so, increasingly more people will start caring about the global environment and become more aware of the negative impact that our behavior has on the environment. Everyone can help starting doing small actions, like recycling or storing the garbage correctly. Even more, there are professional office cleaning ponte vedra beach fl services which keep a neat working environment, which is perfect for workers to work efficiently.

Macey Harper

You know your projects stand out of the herd. There is something special about them. It seems to me all of them are really brilliant! Friendly One off Cleaning London