Texas Tech students have a variety of media outlets available to them, but KTTZ, the Tech public radio station, is one that prides itself on providing students and the Lubbock community with a high standard of news and expression of the arts.

KTTZ is 90-mile reach radio station that is broadcasted on 89.1 FM and has been doing so since 1987.

The station’s main focus is primarily classical music and public radio news programs.

“Public radio news is ideally suited to a university community,” Clint Barrick, the station manager and director of programming for KTTZ, said. “Because it’s long-form news, it’s not interested in sensationalism or ratings, it’s interested in intellectual content.”

KTTZ is an educational nonprofit station at Tech and so much like all public radio, it stays afloat with the help of sponsors.

Barrick said he believes universities sponsor a great amount of public radio stations because public radio is aimed at a higher education audience.

Something that makes KTTZ unique is that it features various perspectives of different topics rather than being biased or sticking to one side of things.

KTTZ brings cultural awareness of the arts to the public of not only Tech but the Lubbock community as well, Barrick said.

“We work with all of the art and cultural community, not just classical music, but paintings, literature, art, dance, all that stuff,” he said. “They’re commercial free, so ideas and musical pieces can be played without interruption.”

Because the station is nonprofit, they do not have advertisements so they are able to promote Tech and nonprofit events that are going on, Barrick said.

Sherril Skibell, the development director for KTTZ, said she believes that although the station’s niche audience is between the ages of 35 and 65, the station appeals to anyone who is interested in learning.

“What’s great about this audience is that we’re lifelong learners,” she said. “We are never too young to learn something new, and it’s our mission to inform and educate people. It’s a unique place in the cultural landscape of Lubbock.”

The station is one of about 500 public entities in the United States and has two fund drives a year to accept donations in order to raise money to keep the station going, Skibell said. The station encourages businesses to donate, and because there are no commercials on public radio, it is able to say these businesses sponsor the station.

The Tech campus and the Lubbock community does a good job of interacting with the station in order to get their events on the air and also get people to come on the show, Skibell said.

“We have the ear of not only the professors at Texas Tech University and the students and staff, but we have the ear of the community,” she said. “We are really the voice of the arts here in Lubbock.”

Both Skibell and Barrick said they believe KTTZ is one of the many voices of Tech and of the Lubbock community, and its voice speaks for the higher knowledge of the public and a better understanding of the public arts.

“We have 25,000 listeners a week for public radio, so we are a voice of Texas Tech,” Skibell said.

AmesBenji

This is a good thing that the public should be served by being voice of news. You know best essay writings helps in being able to talk confidently by having good command of grammar and vocabulary. Thank you for sharing this article with us. I will be grateful to you.

tubeltkadal

Untuk mencari tempat penyewaan mobil di malang yang harganya terjangkau dan bisa anda gunakan tanpa sopir alias bisa lepas kunci sangatlah banyak. Anda bisa memilih jenis mobil yang anda inginkan sesuai kebutuhan anda. Jasa sewa mobil di malang booking online harga murah dengan menghubungi nomor telepon yang tertera di websitenya. Anda bisa memutar sepuasnya di kota malang sambil menikmati kuliner malang yang sangat nyaman di lidah. Jasa sewa mobil malang ini free antar jemput ke lokasi dimana anda berada seperti di Bandara Abdurrahman Saleh, di stasiun kotabaru malang atau di penginapan hotel. Mobil apa saja yang disewakan di jasa sewa mobil malang batu klik infonya disini.
Ingin berlibur di kota surabaya dengan menggunakan jasa rental mobil yang murah dan aman agar perjalanan wisata anda bisa lancar? Saat ini sudah banyak tersedia jasa sewa mobil pariwisata di suraabaya yang siap dengan beragam fasilitas pilihan. Dengan menggunakan jasa transportasi sewa mobil di surabaya tentunya lebih nyaman dibandingkan menggunakan angkutan umum. Dengan sewa mobil surabaya private tentunya anda bebas berhenti dimana saja dan kapan saja sesuka anda. Jenis mobil yang disewakan sangat beragam macamnya dari mobil MPV sekelas avanza atau innova yang standart hingga mobil mewah seperti new camry atau alphard. Sewa mobil di surabaya untuk berlibur sewa mobil surabaya murah
Fasilitas yang disediakan dalam paket private wisata malang batu 3 hari 2 malam adalah transport pribadi seperti avanza, xenia, innova, mobil elf short, mobil elf long, toyota hiace, mini bus atau big bus. Fasilitas lainnya adalah makan selama dalam paket, penginapan by request seperti hotel, homestay, villa, guest house. Dan juga paket wisata malang batu 3 hari 2 malam ini akan ditemani tour guide yang profesional yang sudah menguasai medan dan hafal kuliner kota malang yang nanti anda bisa tanyakan langsung ke tour leader tersebut. Tentu tak lupa paket tersebut termasuk semua tiket wisata di malang batu yang akan dikunjungi nantinya, tapi cuma tiket masuk ke gerbang utama saja, tidak termasuk tiket terusan ke wahana-wahana di dalamnya.