Flapjack Fest: Lions Club hosts Annual Pancake Festival

The Lubbock Lions Club threw on the 65th annual all you can eat Pancake Festival located in the Lubbock Civic Center, on Saturday, Feb.18th, 2017. At the festival, nearly 6000 pounds of pancake mix are served through out the day.

The Lubbock Lions Club is hosting their 68th annual Pancake Festival Saturday, and one may wonder what all the event consists of.

The festival, which will take place from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. at the Lubbock Memorial Civic Center at 1501 Mac Davis Lane, gives attendees the chance to eat as many pancakes they can eat.

Bradley Payne, co-chair of the pancake festival, said the Lubbock Lions Club supports over 30 charities. The group supports people in getting the help they need and has a lasting effect on the community.

All members of the Lubbock community are encouraged to come to the festival, join in on the fun and support a good cause.

The Lubbock Lions raised over $114,000 last year from the pancake festival and hopes to raise an additional $130,000 at this year’s pancake festival, according to to a Lubbock Lions Club news release. Tickets are $7 in advance and $9 at the door.

With the help of about 1,000 volunteers, Payne said they have worked for the past month putting together the annual festival in hopes of making Lubbock a better place.

The Lubbock Lions Club have been busy getting ready nearly 6,000 pounds of pancake mix, 80,000 sausage links and 23,000 slices of bacon, according to to a Lubbock Lions Club news release.

To purchase tickets early visit the Lubbock Lion's website at lubbocklions.org or call 806-763-4789.