Trotting Through Town: Harlem Globetrotters stop in Lubbock during 90th anniversary tour

The Harlem Globetrotters dance during a timeout in the Harlem Globetrotters' 90th Anniversary Celebration Tour on Tuesday night in the United Supermarkets Arena.

The Harlem Globetrotters will host an event at the United Supermarkets Arena Feb. 24.

The event, according to a United Supermarkets Arena news release, is part of the Globetrotters’ “Pushing the Limits” world tour.

The Globetrotters will attempt a new world record at each game of the tour, perform using glow in the dark balls and host a post-game autograph session, according to the news release. The tour will also celebrate the 10-year anniversary of the four-point shot, which the Globetrotters introduced in 2010.

The Globetrotters will also bring back the “Magic Pass” pre-game event, which allows fans to interact with the team on the court, according to the news release.

The tour, according to the news release, marks the 94-year anniversary of the Globetrotters and the tour will consist of over 280 games across the U.S.