Patrick Quarm, a graduate student in the School of Art from Ghana, will have an exhibit in the First Friday Art Trail on March 2, at the Caviel Museum of African American History, according to a news release from Texas Tech.

Quarm’s exhibit, “West Meets West: Illuminated Figures,” features work from African and African American artists, and will be presented by the J.T. & Margaret Talkington College of Visual & Performing Arts and the Lubbock Roots Historical Art Council, according to the release.

The exhibit will be open from 6-9 p.m. March 2, and April 6 on the trolley route, according to the release. For those who miss First Friday Art Trail, appointments can be made to view it through April 30.

The exhibit is centered on the African and African-American experience and the culture surrounding it. It also bridges West Africa and America, according to the release. The artwork utilizes color and texture to offer new perspectives on the experience of the African and African-American community through the eyes of the artist, according to the release.