The Texas Tech College of Education will host a Match Day ceremony for aspiring educators in the TechTeach Across Rural Texas teacher preparation program at 2 p.m. Monday, April 29, in Room 253 of the College of Education. 

During the ceremony, 22 candidates in the program will open envelopes revealing which school district they will be training in for the next year beginning in the fall. The eight independent school districts students will train at are Brownfield, Crosbyton, Fayetteville, Floydada, Hamlin, Roosevelt, Slaton and Tahoka. 

TechTeach Across Rural Texas prepares teachers for rural schools that often struggle to retain talent, according to a Tech news release. The program aims to build a "pipeline of teacher talent" by including students with community and rural ties.

The program features a full year of co-teaching alongside a mentor, with Tech faculty members based in the districts providing coaching, according to the release. A $15,000 stipend is also provided to participants. 

Sophie Sadler

This extensive training prepares the teachers for their future. Good to know that they are provided with steepened money as this elevates the financial burden to some extend and rush my essay helps those teachers in training to properly write of their experience in words. Hopefully these teachers will work well in rural schools and for a long time.