Burkhart Walk for Autism

The Connor Smith team participates in the Burkhart Walk for Autism Awareness on Sunday afternoon at the John B Walker Texas Tech Soccer Fields. Along with the walk, there were games and different activities the walkers could participate in.

The Texas Tech Burkhart Center for Autism Education and Research will host its 13th Annual Burkhart Walk for Autism Awareness from 2 to 4 p.m. on Sunday, April 29, at the John Walker Soccer Complex, located at 3901 10th St.

The event is free and open to the public, according to the Burkhart Center website. All proceeds from the event will go to the Burkhart Center. 

In addition to the walk, there will be inflatables, games and more, according to the website. The Masked Rider, Raider Red, Disney characters and more will also be making appearances. Free T-shirts will be distributed while supplies last. 

No food or pets are allowed inside the soccer complex, according to the website. More information is available at https://www.depts.ttu.edu/burkhartcenter/families/autism_walk.php