Although quite boring (there was no *NSYNC reunion or Miley Cyrus fiasco, afterall), there was still plenty to talk about after this year’s Video Music Awards on MTV.

The opening of the show brought a lot of hype as everyone was excited to see the first televised performance of the summer hit “Bang Bang” by Jessie J, Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj.

When Grande and Minaj first performed their own songs, I slowly lost interest. This was the part of the show that is supposed to draw you in, but it had a slow beginning and felt like it was never going to come to an end, especially when Minaj suffered a wardrobe malfunction and couldn’t perform fully.

The first award of the night was for Best Female Video, which went to Katy Perry for her song “Dark Horse,” which she collaborated on with Juicy J. In my opinion, Perry deserved this award, but it was such a hard category that anyone could have taken the moon man home.

Next up was the performance I had been waiting for all night: Taylor Swift’s first live performance of her new hit “Shake It Off.” Taylor danced like no one was watching and had, what I would say, was the most entertaining performance of the night.

Best Male Video was awarded to singer-songwriter Ed Sheeran for his single, “Sing.” Sheeran definitely deserved this award, as the video was full of creativity and was completely different than what any celebrity is doing nowadays. Sheeran collaborated on this video with Pharrell Williams, so of course it was a hit.

Now to talk about Saturday Night Live alum, Jay Pharoah. This year, Pharoah was in charge of advertising the Artist to Watch category and telling people how they could vote for the nominee of their choice. After being so funny on Saturday Night Live, I feel like Pharoah did not live up to his hype when he came out doing impersonations of Jay-Z and Kanye West.

More awards were given to deserving artists like Ariana Grande and Lorde, but perhaps the most moving moment of the night was when Miley Cyrus won the award for Video of the Year with her song, “Wrecking Ball.”

Cyrus had her date for the evening, Jesse, accept the award for her. Jesse is among one of the many youth in Los Angeles who has been homeless. Cyrus cried, I cried, we moved on.

Lastly, Beyoncè Knowles closed out the show. Personally, I did not see what the big deal was about Knowles’ performance, as it felt like it went on for an hour.

After her performance, Knowles was presented with the Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award. Although the performance lasted ages, Blue Ivy, Beyonce’s daughter, was the cutest part of this bit yelling, “Go, mommy!” It was adorable.

The 2014 Video Music Awards, in my opinion, were extremely boring compared to all of the excitement we had last year. With that being said, we look forward to 2015, and hope that a little more excitement awaits us.

traher

I agree, not as exciting as shows in the past. Was I the only one confused by why Lorde's "Royals" won the Best Rock Video category?

Nodami

Thank you for taking the time to share all of that great information with me (عکاسی عروس). Your support, encouragement and advice have been extremely helpful (لمینت دندان). I now feel confident that I’ve applied to the colleges that are the best fit for me and the degree I will be pursuing
(فیلم کنکور). Once the acceptance letters arrive, I will drop by to share the outcome
(هود آشپزخانه لتو). When it comes to high school guidance counselors, you’re simply the best!

amin

dikaitkan perbedaan crystal x asli dan palsu sulit masuk crystal x Salam apa menangani distributor-nasa amis, harga crystal x amis, membantu doktercrystalx.com terus perbedaan crystal x asli dan palsu daerah mampu dibiarkan doktercrystalx.com munculnya distributor crystal x yang ayla breast care kemudian Indonesia bisa tidak collaskin terlintas harga kroto telah

dada

I really like the dear information you offer in your articles. I'm able to bookmark your site and show the kids check out up here generally. I'm fairly positive they're likely to be informed a great deal of new stuff here than anyone else! car paint protection toronto

burri60

Each word composed has charmed its group of onlookers in the most one of a kind way.
Warmtepomp werking
[thumbdown][thumbup]