The parents of a Texas Tech graduate killed in a boating accident May 26, 2003, dropped civil charges on June 24 against the owners of the boat involved in their daughter's death. Judd and Betty Putnam, the parents of Laura Putnam, filed a lawsuit a year ago against Berkley Dawson and his brother Vincent Dawson, owners of Bud Co. in San Antonio.

Robert Newman, attorney for the Dawsons, said it is his understanding the Putnams dropped the civil suit because law enforcement officials determined the Dawsons were asleep during the accident and unaware their boat was being used.

"It has become clear that the Dawsons had nothing to do with this," Newman said.

The Dawsons were always confident that when people had the chance to hear their side of the story, they would not be a part of a civil suit, Newman said.

"The Dawsons became aware their boat was part of the accident three weeks later," he said. "They didn't know until then."

Greg Marks, attorney for the Putnams, is unavailable for comment for two weeks.

The accident occurred May 26 on Lake LBJ near San Antonio, when the boat allegedly driven by Robert Napier Corrigan III hit the starboard side of Putnam's boat in a glancing blow and flew over the top of it.

Putnam took a direct blow to the head from the hit and was knocked into the water. Her body was recovered two weeks later. The autopsy showed Putnam died of drowning.

Her fiance, Justin Moore, and Jerry Neil Cypert also were in the boat when the accident occurred.

Frio County officials arrested Corrigan, a 28-year-old commercial real estate agent in San Antonio at REOC Partners, on Oct. 1 while he was on a hunting trip, ending a four-month investigation into the boat collision.

Corrigan was indicted Oct. 8 on charges of failure to stop and give assistance after the Memorial Day boating accident. His criminal trial is set for November.

No criminal charges were brought against the Dawsons, said Chief Criminal Investigator for the District Attorney's Office Henry A. Nolan.

While the Dawsons are no longer part of the civil suit, Newman said they will provide as much information as they did during the investigation by answering questions for officials.

"The Dawsons truly have been concerned and continue to hope the Putnams find peace and closure in this matter," Newman said. "They will continue to cooperate with police and the Putnams in any way."

Sohailsk

Takaful Medikal Kad Termurah di Pasaran, Di Jamin Semua Hospital Swasta Terima Medikal Kad AIA, Anda Dapat Rawatan Dengan Pantas dan Selesa. Dapatkan Perlindungan Sekeluarga. Dapatkan Konsultasi Percuma - Nasri Agent AIA Insuran 019 370 2629 - KL, Selangor, NS, Perak, Johor aia takaful

mueeid Khan

This is a great inspiring article.I am pretty much pleased with your good work.You put really very helpful information. Keep it up. Keep blogging. Looking to reading your next post. facetime for pc

charlosjohn0

All your hard work is much appreciated. Nobody can stop to admire you. Lots of appreciation. https://www.imthebaby.com/cutest-baby-contest/

charlosjohn0

This is my first time i visit here and I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially it's discussion, thank you. Pan liner

charlosjohn0

I am definitely enjoying your website. You definitely have some great insight and great stories. beaches near me now

mueeid Khan

It is my first visit to your blog, and I am very impressed with the articles that you serve. Give adequate knowledge for me. Thank you for sharing useful material. I will be back for the more great post.蔡小煒律師

mueeid Khan

Thanks for picking out the time to discuss this, I feel great about it and love studying more on this topic. It is extremely helpful for me. Thanks for such a valuable help again.Painting Contractor NYC

charlosjohn0

I have read all the comments and suggestions posted by the visitors for this article are very fine,We will wait for your next article so only.Thanks! best jeggings for women

mueeid Khan

پنجره upvc در کرج راهنمای انتخاب پنجره UPVC یو پی وی سی و دو جداره و شاخص های کیفیت پنجره upvc شرکت تولیدی پروفیل یو پی وی سی در کرج
پنجره دوجداره

mueeid Khan

I discovered your this post while hunting down some related data on website search...Its a decent post..keep posting and upgrade the data.افلام سكس اجنبي

mueeid Khan

I discovered your this post while hunting down some related data on website search...Its a decent post..keep posting and upgrade the data.Brian Oliver

mueeid Khan

I discovered your this post while hunting down some related data on website search...Its a decent post..keep posting and upgrade the data.commodity token

mueeid Khan

Thanks for sharing the post.. parents are worlds best person in each lives of individual..they need or must succeed to sustain needs of the family.new Uber driver bonus

charlosjohn0

I appreciated your work very thanks best adjustable mattress

mueeid Khan

Awesome and interesting article. Great things you've always shared with us. Thanks. Just continue composing this kind of post.ESO Guide

gamegirl

I think that it is best to write extra on this matter, it won’t be a taboo

topic however generally people are not enough to talk on such topics. Get NBA

2K18 MT http://mt4nba2k.bravesites.com/

mueeid Khan

This is a great inspiring article.I am pretty much pleased with your good work.You put really very helpful information. Keep it up. Keep blogging. Looking to reading your next post.Dragon Bones DLC

mueeid Khan

This is my first time i visit here and I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially it's discussion, thank you.http://www.purevolume.com/listeners/Daren84

mueeid Khan

Thanks for this article very helpful. thanks.make sure you are visiting the official site

mueeid Khan

This is a great inspiring article.I am pretty much pleased with your good work.You put really very helpful information. Movie Box APK

naxo1122

Thanks for another wonderful post. Where else could anybody get that type of info in such an ideal way of writing?

cute life quotes