Ten days after the Mike Leach era offically ended, Tommy Tuberville is the fourteenth head football coach of Texas Tech.

Tuberville will be introduced at a news conference with Tech President Guy Bailey and Athletic Director Gerald Myers at 2 p.m. Sunday.

Reports indicate Tuberville will meet with Tech's current coaching staff tonight before much of the staff heads to theAmerican Football Coaches Association convention in Orlando, Fla, which begins Sunday.

The report says Tuberville did not insist on hiring his own staff upon becoming head coach.

Tuberville has been out of coaching since he resigned from Auburn in 2008 after a 5-7 season.

He expresed interest in coaching the Red Raiders after Leach's firing December 31.

Tuberville coached Auburn for 10 seasons including an undefeated season in 2004. He led the Tigers to eight consecutive bowls and accumulated a 110-60 career record coaching at Auburn and during a previous stop at Ole Miss.

Tuberville and Red Raiders defensive coordinator Ruffin McNeill were the only two candidates ofically interviewed for the coaching vacancy.

Calls toTuberville and McNeill were not immediately returned.

The Daily Toreador will have continuing coverage of this story.